Sunday, June 26, 2011

Movie Review: Green Lantern

We were able to watch Green Lantern this evening and I've got to say that we did enjoy and had fun watching it! I know that negative reviews abound for Green Lantern, and I don't care.  Being a GL fan I have got to see the movie for myself.

Ryan Reynolds is a good choice for Hal Jordan.  From the comics Hal seems to be a super serious guy (even from the old SuperFriends cartoon) but Ryan brought his comic charm to the character and made Hal likeable.  Mark Strong delivered a very, ah, strong performance as the soon-to-be arch-villain Sinestro.  His lines are superbly delivered that I relish every limited screentime of his.  Geoffrey Rush as the voice of Tomar Re brought a certain dignity and honor that would make you believe and respect a fish-faced Lantern. And about Kilowog, what could I say, Michael Clarke Duncan was born to be the voice of Kilowog, 'nuff said!  Angela Bassett, Tim Robbins and Peter Sarsgaard also brought outstanding support roles.

The action is great, the effects are nice and the story, though quite simple, is effective enough to keep us hooked throughout the movie.  Even though so many critics bash this movie, as a comics and movie fan, this superhero movie has delivered the goods for me.

2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed the movie except for the fight scene with the deranged guardian. parang wala namang fight na naganap (exag) hehe. just my opinion lang ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha medyo mabilis nga lang laban nila :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...