Friday, February 3, 2012

Baguio Adventure Day 2: At Burnham Park

Waking up refreshed and energized, we were then treated to a sumptuous breakfast by our gracious host. But we got so stuffed after breakfast that we fell asleep again. At least I think I did :)

Lunchtime came. Lei and I only had a thought in mind. We had to go back to Point and Grill at SM City Baguio. So we did.

This time around, we were more adventurous as we ordered a set of fried quails. At first we were terrified since we could actually see the shapes of the poor birds and one of them seemed to be even looking at us accusingly! Lei bravely took the first step. She picked one of the birds slowly,... bit them,... and enjoyed them! I also tried and I surprisingly enjoyed them as well. Although they looked terrible, they actually tasted quite nice :)

Fried Quail by israelv
Fried Quail, a photo by israelv on Flickr.
Our next stop was Burnham Park. On the way to the man-made lake, we saw a group of teenagers on skateboards. Some were good, most were not. But they made good subjects, nonetheless.

Skater Boy by israelv
Skater Boy, a photo by israelv on Flickr.
Upon reaching the man-made lake, my wife expressed again her desire not to ride on the boats since she got bored the last time we were here. So I just took pictures of the boats instead of riding them.

So many boats, so little time... by israelv
As night fell, I took out my tripod for some night photography. Here's one of my memorable ones, IMHO :)

Lovers by israelv
Lovers, a photo by israelv on Flickr.
After a quick dinner at Chow King, we went back to our accomodation via cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...