Monday, June 18, 2012

ToyConPH 2012: X-Men, Cosplayers and “Ang Panday”

There were so many good toys to take shots of but so little time. Plus, my knees are aching and my feet are hurting. Getting too old I guess hehe... But in spite of all that, I still took my sweet time taking shots of all the figures that took my attention.

Here's an awesome figure of Angel in mid-flight. Angel, IMHO, is one of the most underrated X-Men characters. They seldom use him in cartoons, games, etc. And when they use him, like in the lame X-Men 3 movie, they portray an equally lame version of him. This figure of Angel reminded me of how he's the coolest X-Men character, next to the overexposed Wolverine. Now, how about an Archangel figure next time?

Angel by {israelv}
Angel, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
As I've mentioned earlier, Wolverine is already overexposed. But still, this brooding figure of him complete with bloodied bandages was hard not to be noticed so I've included it here.

Wolverine by {israelv}
Wolverine, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
Last year, I was unable to take shots of cosplayers. This year I was able to take some. I'm quite shy really when it comes to requesting the cosplayers for a shot :)

Anime Cosplay by {israelv}
Anime Cosplay, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
Here's a Green Lantern cosplayer. She really stood out since most of the other cosplayers were portraying anime characters.

Green Lantern Cosplay by {israelv}
Green Lantern Cosplay, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
UPDATE 07/07/2012: A quick update on this post. The Green Lantern cosplayer pictured above found my shot on flickr and thanked me in one of her tweets:


Thank you so much Ms. Itel for the mention! Hope to see you in future cosplay events! :)

Now, here's a breath of fresh air. Amidst all the figures from DC and Marvel superheroes, stood one of our very own. With a remarkable likeness to Fernando Poe, Jr., the "Ang Panday" figure stood proudly on one of the pedestals of Megatrade Hall. Da King would be proud! On that note, a Darna figure would be great in the next ToyCon.

Ang Panday by {israelv}
Ang Panday, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
More pictures in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...