Monday, June 18, 2012

ToyConPH 2012: The Dark Knight, Thor, Magneto, Hulk and Juggernaut

My wife & I arrived at SM Megamall around half past six. Rain was pouring and we were tired from the commute. But it was all worth it once we entered the Megatrade Halls for Day 2 of ToyCon 2012. Sadly, most of the cosplayers already went home. Even my friend, Akagi, who is a part of the 501st Legion already changed. More on that in another post. But it was still OK since we were also here for the toys and there were an abundance of it!

I'm glad that The Dark Knight Rises was given prominence in this year's ToyCon since the movie will be coming out this July and I'm a huge Batman fan. It was exciting to see Batman (both Michael Keaton and Christian Bale versions) and The Joker (also with both Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger versions) collectibles by Hot Toys. The resemblances to their real-life counterparts are almost uncanny! I would want to have the Michael Keaton Batman to be a part of my collection if it was not so expensive.

MaxiCollector (http://www.maxicollector.com), one of my favorite booths from last year, was back.  Plenty of my time were spent taking pictures of their awesome collection. I especially like their Marvel figures along with figures from movies like Predator and Avatar. Sadly, the cool Cyclops figure that I took a picture of last year was nowhere to be found.

Another favorite of mine from last year, Halimaw! Sculptures (http://www.halimawsculptures.com), was back as well. They never fail to impress with their awesome, life-like sculptures of DC and Marvel Superheroes. There are three outstanding sculptures for me this year.  The first is a very faithful figure of World War Hulk.  Second, is a battle scene between Hulk and Juggernaut.  Finally, a Magneto and Sentinel montage. You can check out my shots of those later in this post.

With just those two aforementioned booths alone, I was in complete comic book geek heaven! Not to mention the other booths with figures ranging from G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Gundam and even Super Mario Bros.

Well enough said already. It's time to show the pictures. From The Dark Knight Rises booth, here's a shot of my favorite superhero of all time, The Dark Knight, with the perfect likeness of Christian Bale.

The Dark Knight by {israelv}
The Dark Knight, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
Here's another one of my favorite heroes, The Might Thor, complete with a remarkable likeness of Chris Hemsworth.

The Mighty Thor by {israelv}
The Mighty Thor, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
Here's the World War Hulk figure from Halimaw! Sculptures that I mentioned earlier. Not enough words can be used to describe the coolness of this figure.

World War Hulk by {israelv}
World War Hulk, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
Next, also from Halimaw! Sculptures is a levitating Magneto besides a wicked-looking Sentinel complete with light-on eyes. Muties beware!

Magneto & Sentinel by {israelv}
Magneto & Sentinel, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
Lastly, also from Halimaw! Sculptures, is a battle scene between the Hulk and Juggernaut. Score 1-0 for the Hulk since he is able to remove Juggernaut's helmet.

Hulk vs. Juggernaut by {israelv}
Hulk vs. Juggernaut, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
More pictures in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...