Friday, April 13, 2012

Manila Mini-Photowalk: Plaza Lacson

Last Monday, I would need to meet-up with an eBay seller from Ongpin since I'm buying  a Lego Toy Story from him. My wife and I took the LRT to Carriedo Station and walked all the way to Ongpin. On the way there we saw Plaza Lacson and my wife reminded me that I have always wanted to take a picture of Arsenio Lacson's monument. I agreed and so right there and then we had a Manila Mini-Photowalk since we saw other subjects that are worthy to be shot.

Here are some of my Plaza Lacson pictures. Actually, Plaza Lacson looked much better during the administration of Mayor Lito Atienza. He transformed Sta. Cruz into a large public plaza complete with benches, lamps, food stalls selling inexpensive food and cobblestone streets. Sta. Cruz was very clean during that time. Our one big regret is our inability to capture this scene on cam. Sadly, after Mayor Lim took over, he removed all these beautification projects and now Sta. Cruz is back to its former messy self :(

Plaza Lacson by {israelv}
Plaza Lacson, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
I hate those big billboards! They ruin the significance of the monument of an important figure in Manila history:

Plaza Lacson by {israelv}
Plaza Lacson, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
Here's Mayor Lacson with the LRT Carriedo Station in the background:

Plaza Lacson by {israelv}
Plaza Lacson, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
This sculpture had managed to capture the machismo of the late Mayor Lacson:

Plaza Lacson by {israelv}
Plaza Lacson, a photo by {israelv} on Flickr.
In the next post: Greek Architecture in a BPI (formerly Prudential Bank) Bldg.

2 comments:

  1. i really enjoy reading your photowalks. nakakamiss ang maynila! i also like the first photo because you managed to crop out the unsightly billboard signs. the addition of the *kalesa* made it more manila-esque. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comments Roland! It's great to hear that you enjoy reading my blog! I highly appreciate it!

      BTW, in the first photo you could also see my wife at the lower left corner also trying to take a shot of Lacson's monument :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...